Welcome to our page on the additional arrangements that we have made to keep you safe when you visit the Gardens at Ballindalloch Castle.
Before you travel
- Do you or anyone in your household have any of the following symptoms?
- A new persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or taste
- If the answer is YES, please do not travel and, for the sake of others, stay at home for at least 14 days until all symptoms have passed.
- We also recommend bringing your own hand sanitiser with you to carry around the property, in case you need to touch benches, table, etc.
For any further information, please see: https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
- In order to cut down on the chances of the virus being transmitted via cash, we would be very grateful if you come prepared to pay by card.
- We have a contactless card machine at the Admissions Hut.
- The limit has been raised to £45 per transaction and so plenty for covering the entrance fee.
- Please do adhere to the latest social distancing rules at all times – that means a distance of at least 2m (6½ feet) between you and anyone else not in your household.
- I am afraid that it has not been possible to open the Castle or the Gift Shop for safety reasons, nor to put out the ride-on toys or the go-karts for use by visitors.
- Due to the confined, enclosed space we have not been able to open the Audiovisual, but the new short film about
- Ballindalloch will be available to watch on our website by the end of July.
- These are 100% open for you to enjoy, particularly the Front Border.
- The gates to the Walled Garden will be left open in order to avoid the need to touch the handles.
- There should be plenty of room to manoeuvre past people at a distance of 2m at all points. Please be considerate to others in this respect – at some points, for instance in the Laburnum Archway, it may be necessary to wait to let others pass.
- The model Train Station will also be available to visit, with the door being left open in order to facilitate access.
- Gemma has this open now for sandwiches, snacks, soft drinks, teas and coffees – indeed she is looking forward to showing off the new espresso coffee machine that she has just installed!
- Everything will be on a takeaway basis until restrictions are lifted further. Ordering will be on the basis of one person or household at the counter inside at any one time.
- This is open for use by visitors at their own risk.
- Parents, guardians or carers are asked to behave responsibly in relation to their children’s use of the Playground.
- I am afraid that for safety reasons we have not been able to put out the ride-on toys or the go-karts for use by visitors
- These will look a little different to normal! We have removed any items or furnishings where the coronavirus might be able to hide…
- PLEASE USE THE TOILETS ONE PERSON/HOUSEHOLD AT A TIME
- We will be checking and cleaning the toilets three times a day.
- There are hand sanitiser dispensers on the wall for your use in addition to washing your hands as normal.
We hope that you will have a lovely time when you visit here…